This is actually a thing?
Yes it is!
We scoop the poop, and take it away.
Winter Service Policy
Calgary's Trusted Leader
in Pet Waste Removal
SET ME UP
Sign Me Up!
Service all winter long?
In fact, winter is when you our service most!
Our winter service policy has changed and here's what you need to know about our poop scooping service during the winter months.
We've been through 15 winters, and we know how it goes.
Winter puts us into "maintenance mode" for pet waste removal. That means, we may not always service your yard as expected, so we may miss a week or two.
That doesn't mean we won't get all the pet waste, it just means we might not get it all until later in the season.
Winter is tricky, there will be times when mother nature just won't cooperate, and we'll miss performing services due to many factors:
- freezing temperatures (for staff safety)
- heavy snowfall (your dog's waste is buried)
- vehicle breakdowns
- traffic nightmares due to weather
- frozen gates prevent us from accessing your yard
- slips, trips and falls cause injury to our staff
- illness due to cold and flu season
If we can't get your dog's waste due to any of the above factors, we'll simply be out in the following week to pick up where we left off.
There will be times when we will still use a weekly credit even though service was not performed as expected.
When will we use your credits?
If we come to your yard, the gate is frozen and the yard is inaccessible.
- Our Reps arrive, ready to work, but we can't get in.
- We still need to charge a credit for this. But don't worry, the waste missed this week will just get picked up next week.
- You can avoid being charged if you contact us before we visit to let us know the yard can't be accessed. This saves our staff from wasting time going to a house they can't service.
If you want to cancel your pick up because you feel it's snowing too much for us to do a good job.
- Our Reps are very experienced, and they kick through the snow to find what they can. Whatever they miss will get picked up in the following weeks.
When will we not use your credits?
If we email you calling a 'snow day', you will not be charged for that week.
- For the safety of our staff, we'll call snow days during heavy snowfall or freezing temperatures.
If we cancel your weekly service due to illness, injury or vehicle trouble.
- You won't be charged a credit for something that is out of your control. Again, even though we missed a week and you're not charged, our Reps still have to pick up two weeks worth of waste the following week even though they only get paid for one week's worth of waste.
Please help keep our staff safe!
It would help greatly increase the safety of your Service Rep if kept access clear of snow and ice. Each year we see our Reps slip and fall due to areas that were not maintained by our clients. We are all responsible for the safety of ourselves and others.
With all this in mind please know that by the time spring rolls around all the layers of buried waste will be gone and you'll be enjoying a clean and worry-free springtime melt.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above policy please contact our Client Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org